1st March 2020
Project Manager – Fire Protection
Aleron Fire Protection Limited is currently looking for an experienced Project Manager to be responsible for supporting the company’s expanding fire protection operations. You will join an established passive fire protection contractor company experiencing substantial period of business growth.
You will be working closely with, and reporting to, the company’s Managing Director and will assist the senior management team in delivering passive fire protection, in the commercial and residential sectors, with the typical values of up to £100,000.
You will be provided with full guidance and assistance required to develop your sector-specific knowledge and skills in passive fire protection, including industry specific product training and qualifications.
You will be working in an environment, which delivers satisfaction, pride and fun with excellent opportunities to advance your career. Becoming an instrumental member of a successful team, you will have a plenty of opportunities for personal growth and development within our fast-growing business.
Handle customer enquiries, arrange, and/or carry out site surveys and collate information required for tendering/quoting.
- Identify and appoint appropriate internal and sub-contractor resource to projects.
- Produce schedules of work for projects and support the operational teams to ensure correct resources are allocated to each.
- Procure materials, chase suppliers and deliveries.
- Carry out regular site visits and maintain customer engagement to ensure smooth running of projects in line with working schedules, including proactive problem solving.
- Manage project costs; analyse labour, materials and time, identify opportunities for savings and organisational improvements.
- Identify and appoint new sub-contractors and suppliers, including negotiating prices and contract terms.
- Maintain high operational standards on sites, including compliance with H&S policies and other regulations.
Required Qualifications / Skills / Experience
You should have at least 2 years of experience in a construction project management role and experience/knowledge of Passive Fire Protection disciplines would be advantageous.
You should be able to read technical specifications and drawings in order to extract and interpret relevant information required for performance of construction tasks.
You must be highly self-motivated person – the role will requires working with a high degree of autonomy. You should be an enthusiastic, energetic, self-disciplined and organised individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
You will possess excellent interpersonal skills and be an effective communicator. You should be able to demonstrate excellent written, telephony and face to face communication skills.
Good computer literacy skills are essential (email, MS Office and MS project management programs).
Driving licence is a requirement of the role.
Basic £35,000 - £45,000 per annum + uncapped bonus + package
If you would like to work with a progressive and supportive company and want to be a key player in a successful team, then please get in touch for an initial informal discussion about the role. Our company is eager to get a new team member on board as soon as possible.
Please be sure that you fulfil the criteria described in the above ‘Required Qualifications’ section. If you do have the skills, knowledge and experience and have a positive, proactive attitude that will underpin your success in this role, please forward your current CV and details of your current/required salary package details to Tony Rice at firstname.lastname@example.org